Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

Can't access my talktalk account or emails

Have not been able to acces my email account for 2 days now. I use windows mail and all the settings are correct and have rechecked them. So I tried logging into my account and that also keeps coming up with invalid password or username.
I have been with talktalk since day 1 and never had a problem, my bills are all upto date as I pay by direct debit, so just wondering if there is a problem on talktalks side.
Download 6050 KBits/s (756.25 KBytes/s)
Upload 497 KBits/s (62.125 KBytes/s)
Super Contributor
barney
Founder

Re: Can't access my talktalk account or emails

Hi roguetrooper:smileyhappy:

There have been some problems with My Account recently since the system was update earlier this month. The forum staff (OCE) are aware of these issues and have advised us that these issues are being dealt with as a matter of priority.

If you are still having these issues by the end of the weekend, could you please post back on Monday when one of the OCE will provide you with further information and assistance.

Please note that the OCE are online only during weekday working hours.

Kind regards

Barney
Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

thanks for the quick reply, will keep checking over the course of the weekend and let you know the outcome on monday.
Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

well still can't access my emails either online or through windows email. Starting to get annoyed as I use my emails for my business and have no idea if clients have been trying to contact me. Is there an update on when this is finally going to get sorted out?
Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

bumpty bump and if it helps here is the windows mail message:

Account: 'mail.talktalk.net ', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

hello anybody? seems every other post is getting answered how about an update on when the email and account servers are going to get sorted out. Can now see why so many people complain about the 'lack' of service from talktalk, coz when you do have a problem and want answers people don't seem to care. Even a quick, we are still looking into it would be good then I would know that it is being dealt with and not swept under the carpet. Just annoyed that having been a customer for around 10 years this is the first problem I have had and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
Maybe talktalk could keep customers informed of the problem and how long it would take to sort on a landing page. Communication would go a long way, thought that a communication based company would see that as a priority seeing as that is their major selling point.
OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 438
Solutions: 342
Founder

Hi roguetrooper,

The reason for a delayed reply on your issue is because you keep bumping your thread.

As OCE work from oldest to newest issues this actually increases the amount of time it take sus to reply by constantly renewing your thread.

With regards the Username password error have you attempted to reset your password to overcome this?

Cheers

M:smileyhappy:

Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

well I would do but seeing as I can't access my emails I wouldn't be able to get the verify link as I can't get into my emails either.
Edit: Ok have just tried changing my password and all the security questions are coming up wrong, my date of birth isn't working either or my bank details!! So any other ideas, will be very annoyed if my email account has been deleted and I can't use that email address again as that would me getting new business cards set up, letting loads of people know my new email address and would generally be a major pain in the ass.
Retired
OCW_Andrew

Hi roguetrooper,

I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details then I can check to make sure the details we hold for you are correct.

Thanks,

Andrew
Andy
TalkTalk`s Online Content Team

Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

thanks for swift responses now, have sent all the details in the PM
Retired
OCW_Andrew

Hi roguetrooper,

I have responded to your Private Message.

Andrew
Andy

Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

have answered your pm
Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

replied to pm, after trying to log into webmail and getting the try log out message and try again it took me to a new page, tried logging in and a screen came up saying they needed to contact me so have filled those details in, will keep you informed of any development.
OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 438
Solutions: 342
Founder

Hi Roguetrooper,

Thanks for keeping us informed on this issue and Andy will reply to your PM in due course with the relevant details.

Cheers

M:smileyhappy:

OCE_Debbie
Topics: 0
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 298
Founder

Hi roguetrooper,

We have received an update to advise that this issue should now be resolved.

Please can you retest and confirm if this issue is now resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

Sorry...

We have encountered a technical issue with this email address. Our apologies for the inconvenience. We need to contact you to resolve the issue. Please fill in the form below and one of our agents will call you.

also still can't access them from windows mail
Retired
OCW_Andrew

Hi roguetrooper,

Your accounts are now showing up against your new profile. I have logged a new fault for the error you are getting when logging in.

Andrew
Andy

Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

have sent an pm showing the details of the accounts that are showing up, with you saying new profile you are on about the one with my wife's email address?
Retired
Nathann

Hi roguetrooper,

We have received an update from the Network Team to advise this should now be resolved. Could you please retest and confirm if this is the case.

Thanks

Nathan

Contributor
roguetrooper
Founder

no still can't access email for email account ++++email address removed +++++ either through windows mail or through the website. On windows mail still get :
Account: 'mail.talktalk.net ', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

then with the website I get sent to this page:
www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/contact-you.html