New Contributor
pmalex
Founder

Echolife HG520 change from WEP to WPA2-PSK

Hello
I accessed my echolife HG520 and noticed I am still using WEP encription for my wireless connection I would like to change over to WPA2-PSK I have seen how to change it over ,my question is does my current security key stay valid or if not how do I obtain one or do I just invent one myself ,thanks in advance for any help.
Trusted Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

Re: Echolife HG520 change from WEP to WPA2-PSK

Originally Posted by pmalex
Hello
I accessed my echolife HG520 and noticed I am still using WEP encription for my wireless connection I would like to change over to WPA2-PSK I have seen how to change it over ,my question is does my current security key stay valid or if not how do I obtain one or do I just invent one myself ,thanks in advance for any help.

yep ur current security key should stay valid unless u decide to change it :smileyhappy: i would change to WPA ASAP as wep is probably just as bad as having none as it can b cracked within seconds.
New Contributor
pmalex
Founder

Thank you,will do.
Super Contributor
Greytide
Founder

Originally Posted by pmalex
Hello

You can chamge the key to what you like so long as you make it the same on all wirelessly connected equipment.
"I want fibre to my cab!" (And Virgin can do it!!)
-------------------------------------------------------------
離開我的簽名
i7-920 3Gb DDR3 1333MHz - GTX 260. :smileyhappy:
Netgear DG834N